Red Bike Publishing Books

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Showing the New Guy Around

“Hey, John, are you awake?” Steve spoke through the closed door.
“Yeah, come in.”
“It’s almost time for prayer breakfast. Rachel and I thought you might want to sit with us, seeing how you brought a reminder of America with you. We all want to get caught up on State-side life,” said Steve.
“Well, you’ve made me feel welcome, and I appreciate it.” John got up to follow Steve.
“Good! We’ve got a busy schedule today so I hope you are ready,” said Steve.
“Any of it involve flying?” John asked.
“Actually, we have a few lessons planned,” Steve answered.
“I heard I had to go through some sort of training,” John said, hoping to sound agreeable.
“Yes, but be patient. Sometimes you may get to fly a lot, and other times depend on the availability of planes and missions. We’ll focus on showing you around and getting your papers cleared with the government. It may take awhile, but it’s survivable,” Steve encouraged.
“Sounds terrible.” John feigned horror.

“It is, believe me. But the best thing to do is sit back and learn as much as you can, read your lessons, study your Bible, and pray for patience.”



Jeffrey W. Bennett, is the author of Commitment-A Novel and other non-fiction books, novels and periodicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment